We are OPEN (daily 1pm to 10pm) Find Us: 729 Montana Ave STE 2 Santa Monica CA 90403.
by frozenfruitco / on March 26, 2022 / in Uncategorized / Leave a comment
Hello Lovely People…
|Welcome to this week’s newsletter. This week at Frozen Fruit Co: (1) We buy a new fridge for the front of the store; (2) the weekend special is TIRAMISU; and(3) Passion Fruit makes a come back for the weekend. |
Saturday 26 March is National Spinach Day; and
Sunday 20 March is National Joe Day (in case you are wondering, National Joe Day encourages everyone to enjoy a cup of joe with all your friends named Joe, Jo, Joey, Joseph, and Josephine. While you’re at it, don’t forget Joette, Jody, Johanna, Jodie, or any other variant of the name Joe).
There you go. This weekend go release your inner Popeye and eat some spinach and then go share a coffee with someone you know called “Joe” or a variant thereof.
|Motivation – it’s not a one-time-only type of thing. It is like brushing your teeth – you need to do it every day (preferably twice, daily). So, here is some motivation to get you going into the weekend: “IF YOU FEEL DOWN YESTERDAY, STAND UP TODAY”|
FUN FACTS – WATER FOUNTAINS
|Everything you wanted to know about … WATER FOUNTAINS. Yes, Water Fountains – those things that throw water into the air and we throw coins into. We also have one outside the store so this random facts section is particularly apt. |
Before we get to the good stuff (aka Ice Cream) here are this week’s Fun Facts. The part of the newsletter that has nothing to do with Frozen Fruit Co or Ice Cream and everything to do with something random you can use to fill an awkward silence 😐. So, sit back and enjoy all the pointless information that is about to enter your mind.
1. What is the TALLEST Fountain in the world? The Dubai Fountain is the tallest in the world. It shoots water nearly 500 ft into the air.
2. Who came up with the idea of a Water Fountain: You can thank the Romans for water fountains. The idea dates back to 2000 BC, but it wasn’t until the Romans came along and pressurized fountains to make them what they are today.
3. What’s the most famous Fountain in the world? The Trevi Fountain in Rome is the most famous fountain in the world. Completed in 1762 after 30 years by Nicola Salvi first began work on it. According to legend, tossing one coin into the Trevi Fountain means you’ll return to The Eternal City (Rome), tossing two coins means you’ll return and fall in love, and tossing three coins means you’ll return, find love, and marry.
4. Most Profitable Fountain? The Trevi Fountain is also one of the most profitable fountains out there. How? Well, it is estimated that daily around $3000 is left in the fountain. That adds up to $1.3 million a year – making it the most profitable fountain in the world.
Let’s do this. Riddle is at the bottom of the email if that is all you have come for. It’s okay. We forgive you. At least you got these fun facts.
WEEKEND SPECIAL – TIRAMISU
|This weekend’s special flavor is… TIRAMISU. |
Ah, Tiramisu. Good things come to those who wait. We literally thought we would never be able to do this flavor. It took about two months of back and forth on the recipe until we finally got it right. So, now not only is Tiramisu a type of Italian coffee cake, but it is also plant-based ice cream.
Made from swirls of chocolate, vanilla, (decaf) coffee ice cream with chunks of coffee-soaked (again decaf) gluten-free tiramisu bites, and chocolate swirls. It is our chef-d’œuvre and will be available from the Santa Monica Store this weekend as a special.
1. Where will this flavor be available: This special will be available this weekend at the Santa Monica Store and will also be available from Ubereats, Doordash, Grubhub, and Postmates while stocks last.
2. What is it made out of: Tiramisu is made from our chocolate ice cream (coconut milk, cocoa, and date), vanilla ice cream (coconut cream, vanilla, and date), coffee ice cream (coconut cream, decaf coffee, and date), gluten-free almond and maple based Sweet Laurel Cookies (soaked in decaf coffee), and swirls of our chocolate magic shell (coconut oil, cocoa, date, and sunflower lecithin).
*IT CONTAINS ALMONDS.
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW…
|The new flavors this weekend are Passion Fruit and Strawberry Lemonade. |
Passion Fruit is making a short appearance at the store this weekend. Strawberry is also taking a short break from the store (for the first time ever…we know, controversial – it will be back next week).
Next week will see the arrival (finally…we hope…definitely maybe…) of the new Salted Chocolate Almond Sea Salt – this will be our salted chocolate ice cream with clusters of dark chocolate sea salted almonds. We are also thinking of trying out a Mango Passion Fruit Flavor.
Don’t forget our special flavor days as well:
Monday – Coffee Choc Chip
Tuesday – Chocolate Peanut Butter
Wednesday – Strawberry Cheesecake
Thursday – Cookies & Cream Friday – PB & J
Weekend – Rotating Super Special Flavor
|Santa Monica Store Hours.|
Saturday 26 March – 1pm to 10pm
Sunday 27 March – 1pm to 10pm
Flavors this weekend are:
Mint Choc Chip
WOW, you read this far…
|Wow, you read this far. You are amazing. Think about all those fun facts you can share with people now. Here is your riddle: |
A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, an attractive girl named Sarah. The bus driver had to go on a long bus trip that would last a week. Before he left, he gave Sarah seven apples. Why?
Answer to last week’s riddle: A flash of light on a grey day. If you’re made of metal, you best stay away. What am I? ANSWER: Lightning.