We are OPEN (daily 1pm to 10pm) / THANKSGIVING DAY CLOSED Find Us: 729 Montana Ave STE 2 Santa Monica CA 90403.
This week at Frozen Fruit Co…
Hello lovely people.
This week: (1) it’s a Californian heatwave; (2) Coffee is back; and (3) find Truckie this weekend.
But, before all of that here is a fun fact: The longest place name in the word, at 85 letters, is “Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu,” New Zealand. Locals just call it Taumata Hill. If anyone can actually pronounce this let us know.
How to Survive a Heatwave
This weekend it is going to be hot. Like super hot. Like 100 degrees F hot, which (even if it is not in Celsius) is HOT. Even for California. With the “mercury rising” we thought we would share a few tips on how to stay cool in the Summer heat.
1. How to stay cool without AC? – freeze a bottle of water and place it in front of a fan. The cold bottle will help blow cold air at you.
2. Eat more salad – yep, in Summer we tend to eat more salads mostly because these types of vegetables have more water content helping to keep us hydrated.
3. Drink more water – that is pretty self explanatory.
4. Cool your pulse points – the quickest way to cool yourself down is to cool yourself at your pulse points. Apply something cold, like a cold towel, to your pulse points to cool down quickly.
5. Eat more ice cream (what you think we weren’t going to include this in the list).
Coffee, Coffee, Coffee
Coffee is back! Our new special of the month our coffee flavor is made from coconut cream, coffee and date. Creamy with a wonderful hint of coffee.
Want to visit our Santa Monica store this weekend? We are open for carry-out and online orders via Postmates, Ubereats, Grubhub and Doordash. Here are our weekend hours.
Saturday 11 July 1pm to 10pm
Find Truckie this weekend
This weekend Truckie will be out today Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th July. Find Truckie outside Barnes and Noble (or close to there) on Ventura Blvd and Laurel Canyon this Saturday and Sunday from 12pm-7pm on Saturday and 12pm-6pm Sunday.
The Santa Monica store will remain open for carry out and delivery from 1pm to 10pm and is available for online ordering on Postmates, Grubhub, Doordash and Ubereats.
Wow, you read this far…
Wow, you read this far. You are just simply wonderful. As a reward here is your riddle. Can you solve it?
What can’t be burned in a fire nor drowned in the water?
Answer to last week’s riddle: “How can you place 10 coins in 3 cups so that each cup contains an odd number of coins?” Answer: Put 3 coins in one cup, then put 2 coins in the second cup, place the second cup in the first cup. The two cups together have 5 coins. Put the remaining 5 coins in the last cup”